Thursday, June 17, 2010

This morning, I went to sit out on the carport
Just to look at the early dew as it turned to morning.
I Noticed a Bird chirping and cawing.

My thought was, Hey little bird why are you so talkative?
Why are you chirping and cawing so?
The bird continued to chirp and caw...
Flying back and forth, from tree to tree, roof to ground, and back around...

Then I became annoyed, I was like...crazy bird...
Don't you realize that nobody else is making up
all this noise, but you?
Do you hear ANY OTHER BIRDS
chirping and cawing?

And the little sucker just kept chirping and cawing,
Flying back and forth, from tree to tree, roof to ground, and back around...
I mean the sucker wouldn't quit!

So I began to rationalize well, maybe something is wrong.
...Maybe it's lost a baby,
I noticed an occasional bird or squirrel would pause as it passed through.
...or maybe he's the local news and warning service.

I don't know, but I got stirred... and I decided to jump up and walk
around to the front of the house, you know checking the grass, walkways,
and hedges as I go
...you know looking up at the roof,**blinding sun**,
...you know, because something had to be wrong.
the trees, just to check that nothing has happened.

And sure enough, NOTHING!!!
But that little sucker was STILL CHIRPING AND CAWING!!
Flying back and forth, from tree to tree, roof to ground, and back around...
STILL CHIRPING AND CAWING!

It got me to thinking,
...you know how philosophical I can get...
That bird is just being a bird...
See that little bird, didn't care who or what thought he was crazy!
He decided when he got up today, He was going to put his voice
OUT THERE!!
That this day, he's going to be the best bird he can be.
He is going to stir ALL LIVING CREATURES. Big and small
within earshot of it's voice!

And why can't we as God's greatest creation
see in ourselves that we have been holding silent,
long enough?

You see what makes us unique as human beings,
Is that we have the ability to rationalize our actions...
to make us feel good.

"I've got big dreams, but it's ok if I just settle where I am."
NO!!! We are supposed to dig in and FIGHT...right where we stand!
Fight for the opportunity of freedom and prosperity for our family!

Decide that this day, we will boldly grab the reins of the vision/dream
that to good Lord has given uw, that we will write it down, keep
it clear and near!

Decide like the little bird, that if no-one thinks we are crazy,
we are not dreaming LOUD ENOUGH!!!

No comments: